Thursday, February 28, 2013

Old Ladies Rock

Sorry about the lack of post yesterday, I was lazy. Yesterday Sarah and I were supposed to do some light gardening at the home, but it was deemed too cold to work outside. Instead we got to paint the ladies nails while they got their hair done. They were so sweet, they us told how glamorous it made them feel and how lovely we were. One women wanted her nails hot pink, in case she got a hot date. She asked me how old I thought she was, so is waited for a minute and responded "not a day over 40" she laughed, she was 90! She and some of her friends had bought tickets for the lottery, she said if she won she would put Sarah and I through college. She was so funny, she said that if I knew any rich, old men with mansions and and heart condition to send them her way. Dessert after lunch was chocolate eclairs which also made the day pretty good. Today a women from Minnesota was here to volunteer, I got the opportunity to demonstrate to Sarah that not all Americans sound the same. There was a mass at the home today which was very lovely. We painted a few more nails, and did some odd jobs, it's hard to believe that tomorrow is my last day. Sarah and I were playing cards and trying to make card houses, but the old men kept trying to blow them down! I am going to miss it there. Today I also had my very first Cadbury Creme Egg. It was fantastic and I wish I'd had one sooner. I also had to explain to Sarah what a taco was, which was a bit difficult to be honest. For my last day tomorrow we are doing art in the morning, but we get out after lunch. Tomorrow evening Cassie and are going to a small soirée at a friends house then sleeping over at her friend Polly's house. On Saturday we may be going to a rugby match of a nearby boys school and on Sunday we hope to got o the National Gallery! Overall lots of big things planned so promise not to be lazy and forget to update the blog. Oh and I got a picture of my drawing from Tuesday, I think it's precious.

1 comment: