Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Should be Packing: An Introduction to my Blog

HELLO!
I'm Emilee, and I would like to apologize in advance for the unavoidable grammer and spelling mistakes that are sure to pop on this blog in the next few weeks. I leave for Ireland in two days, tomorrow is my last day at school. To say I am excited for this trip would be an understatement. It seems to have just hit me that I am actually leaving. An indicator of this would probably be the fact that i have JUST started packing. Don't worry, I'm almost done, and I made a list so I won't forget anything. However, knowing me, I probably have forgotten something.
Everyone keeps asking if i'm nervous, and I keep telling them that i'm not. Well truth be told, I am very nervous. I have a layover in Chicago at O' Hare. Every time I tell someone this they always mention that it is HUGE, and would be terrible to get lost in. I am not worried about it being too cold in Ireland. I am not nervous that my host family will be mean.I am not scared that people won't like me or that I won't fit in. I am worried that I will get lost at a gigantic airport and never make it to Ireland. This, combined with the fact that I get very nervous asking for directions or help in public places could be a very bad combination. Whenever I think that, I just remind myself that I am going to be with 3 other very capable, and very smart young women. When I remind myself that I won't be alone, and that this will be a group experience, I can't help but get a big goofy smile in anticipation for Friday.
So stick around, and hopefully I will get better at this blogging thing, instead of just jotting down ramblings while listening to Childish Gambino. I will try to write my next post in the airport, won't that be exciting.
BACK TO PACKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment