Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chickens and Koalas

Today I got to see my first hockey match. The girls say that hockey is the only sport that they are really good at. Today was freezing and it was windy on top of that. Regardless of the weather about twenty other girls and I braved the cold and cheered on the Chickens. Yes, their mascot is the Chicken, almost as good as the Connelly Koalas. Hockey goes pretty quick and was really cool to watch. After school we went to explore Greystones ( the town I'm staying in ) and had a really good time. Greystones is small, but there was a really cool candy shop that we went in and counted all our change to buy candy. It was the first time that Cassie had ever had a nerd rope, because they aren't really sold here much, there was also "delicious American marshmallow fluff". They have really interesting classes here, they have a class where they learn computer programming that we went to. There is going to be a Maths test tomorrow, but I don't know how well I'm going to do on it since I just got here and their math class is very different form ours. In math here they have a combination of all the years of math, but in America we just focus on one subject (like geometry or algebra 1). Tomorrow we are going into Dublin to sell lollipops to support esophageal cancer. The charity was started by graduates of the school so it's a tradition that they go into town and support them. I'm a little nervous because I don't know what to expect. I don't look like all the girls here, all the secondary schools wear their shirts below their knees and are usually green. However I stand out quite a bit in my skirt and letterman jacket (my shirt looks tiny next to theirs!) I don't know what people must think of me! Oh well, whatever happens tomorrow, it will be an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment