Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Messy hands and PE in the cold

Today was an excellent day. Today the sun decided to shine and it was actually pretty nice, it was a cold day in California, a warm day in Ireland. I'm getting better at finding my way around, by that i mean that I can find my way to the library and the locker room, that's about it. The first part of my day we had a few study block which was nice, I got to get ahead on some homework from America (the picture is of Alyssa in the library, hard at work). For the second period of the day the physics teacher, who was also head of IT, wanted us to come and talk about our iPads. So we gave an impromptu presentation to the physics class and him about apps, pros and cons, and our textbooks. They are thinking about getting iPads for the first years to use so they want to know about our experience. We may have to go to a teachers meeting and answer some of their questions too. Pottery was really fun. It was their last class of their module before they rotate classes so the teacher brought snacks and drinks for them. Rebecca, Molly, Golddy and I made little pots and cups. It was a pretty easy way to spend an hour or two. When all of us are at lunch with the Irish girls, I almost don't even feel a difference. We talk and make jokes and act silly, it's all the same. After lunch I had PE, but I don't have any clothes. I wore a mishmash of other people's clothes. Borrowed shorts from Alyssa, a shirt from another girl and I was ready to go. No one should ever be in shorts and a tee shirt in Ireland. I thought I was going to freeze. I didn't, but that was mostly thanks to the PE part. We played netball, which is a very odd sport that I've never played before and would take too long to explain here. It's a little like basketball except when you have the ball you can't move and only advance it by passing. I am very tall. I am very good at netball. Alyssa didn't have as much luck but she did pretty well. One of the drills we used to get us used to passing was one that we did for basketball so I was able to impress everyone with my amazing athletic abilities. At the end my fingers and toes were happy to be warm again.I'm leaving Rebecca's today because Cassie is back. I'm going over to her house soon. I'm sad to leave Rebecca's, I really like it here, but I'm sure it will be very nice at Cassie's house. I will have to update you if anything interesting happens. Tomorrow we are going to a cemetery! It's super old and has some famous Irishmen. I can't wait to write about it. I will take lots of pictures with my camera but unfortunately I don't have a way to upload them to here. I will ask Alyssa to send me some so you can look at them a bit.
Until next time

2 comments: