Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chicago!


So it turns out that I couldn't post an update while I was in Chicago because the airport didn't have free wifi. However I wrote this post while there and on the plane. 
My flight to Chicago went really well. The person in between Alyssa and I was very kind and switched seats so we could be next to each other. She was a very interesting women. She had a thick accent that I couldn't quite place and was dressed flamboyantly. She had a huge wedding ring on and giant blue earrings with a matching necklace. She was very kind, when Alyssa complimented her on her blue Prada handbag she replied "Thanks! I bought it for myself for my birthday! Because If you don't buy it for yourself, then who will?" Wise words airplane lady, wise words. There was a little turbulence in the middle, but not much, at least not enough to wake Alyssa. Alyssa has a very rare and very valuable talent, she can sleep through anything. The flight passed quickly with intervals of music and napping. 
People weren't lying, O'Hare is huge. We had to take a train just to get to the international terminal. When we got there we stopped at McDonalds for some suspicious looking fillet o' fishes ( we are good catholic girls). Rebecca had a chicken snack wrap, minus the chicken. She basically payed McDonalds to put some lettuce inside a tortilla with some cheese. We had to go through security AGAIN, which was only a minor inconvenience. 
It's weird to think that I've spent the entire day sitting, and walking, and sitting, and walking.
 Huh. Next stop, DUBLIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment