Monday, February 25, 2013

Bingo!

Today was my first day of community care. I am volunteering at an old folks home in Sandycove with a girl named Sarah. Today was a pretty light day because it was an orientation for us. It's is a very nice place, some people live there, and others just come for the social interaction. We helped take off and hang up coats as people were getting of their bus and had a tour before lunch. After lunch we played bingo, I helped a woman named Agnes find the numbers when they were called. We even won one round and she let me keep the prize, a packet of shortcake biscuits. Everyone there is really nice and I know I am going to have a good time here for the week. Tomorrow there is an art class, and on Wednesday they all get their hair done. Overall I take a 10 o'clock Dart, arrive there at about 10:30 and get to leave at 3:30. After I dinner tonight Cassie and I sat and watched the Oscars. They were on last night, but because of time zones they were showing at 1-4 in the morning! We ate my bingo biscuits, they were fantastic. There really isn't much to report today, hopefully as the week goes on there will be more stories to tell!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic information it is.Your information is so nice and interesting.This article has many valuable side.Thanks you very much for shearing this information.http://pokerage.net

    ReplyDelete