Saturday, February 16, 2013

DUBLIN

The entirety of the Aer Lingus plane is green. The seats are green, the outside is green, there is even a giant shamrock on the side of the plane, there is no secret where we are going. For this flight Alyssa and I were seated together, which was really nice. They had a really nice entertainment system, I watched a movie called The Sapphires, it was about an aboriginal singing group who went to Vietnam to perform for the soliders  in  the 60's. I really enjoyed it. I also watched a bit of Sherlock, which is always good. It was my first time having a meal on a plane and I thought it was pretty good. We had a lasagna looking thing with bread, a brownie, and some cheese and crackers. I ate it all. Afterwards we all tried to get some sleep, Alyssa succeeded (amazingly) but I didn't get very much. Turning out being super tall and trying to get comfortable on a plane is not ideal, who knew? When we arrived at Dublin I was a little nervous about going through customs but that turned out to be a breeze, and we all found our luggage pretty quick. When we left baggage claim there were tons of girls outside, it turns out that they thought that Cody Simpson (the Australian Justin Bieber I'm told) was coming. I'm staying with a girl named Rebecca for a few days until the girl I will be staying with, Cassie, comes back from skiing in the Alps. We arrived at her house at about 10, and I immediately went unptairs and fell asleep until it was dinner time. Her family is very nice, we had lasagna for dinner. They are out to see her brother's play so Rebecca and I stayed at home to chill. We had hot chocolate and got to know each other. She likes Harry Potter, the Avengers, and The Lord of the Rings. Needless to say we get along well. Tomorrow we will go into town to meet with all the other girls to talk and meet everyone, I'm looking forward to it.
Still don't quite know how to end these..
Until next time!
-Emilee


No comments:

Post a Comment