Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Last Day of School

*apologies, entries from Fridays are always late!*
My last day of school here in Ireland started out like any other day. I reluctantly woke up to the sound of my iPad alarm. I had rice crispies for breakfast and took a euro for soup at lunch. We rushed to get to the dart on time where I read the Metro Herald. I did all things I would normally do, except I was doing them for the last time. Throughout the day I was feel quite sad because I knew that after today I wouldn't be coming back. Rebecca, Molly, Golddy, Alyssa and I had a weird feeling all day. It was a sunny day, completely sunny, it wasn't even interrupted by spontaneous rain. There was an assembly to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, it was almost completely in Irish, we were so lost. There were two Irish dance performances, one was by the lovely Norah from Holy Child Rye. The entire assembly was celebrating Irish culture, we even got little Irish flags! We also got to perform Locked out of Heaven in Irish. I stood in the back, but something tells me they could still see me. There were some Danish students visiting that were watching the assembly, which sent the girls into quite the frenzy. At lunchtime Rebecca and I went to the pottery room to get our finished pieces. The pottery teacher was nice enough to leave us instructions so we could take our pieces to take home with us. I'm really happy with how mine turned out. I was worried about Maths class for nothing, everything was fine after Rebecca helped me with my homework. After school I said my goodbyes to all the girls that I wouldn't be seeing again before I left, it was so sad. They are all so nice and I am so glad I had the chance to meet them. Since it was such a beautiful day Cassie and I walked along the beach,which leads directly to her house. We even saw a rainbow! I tried to take a picture of it with my iPad but it didn't turn out that well. I looked really odd though because I was trying to carry a box of pottery and each a chocolate bar at the same time. We went to Polly's house for dinner because we were going to Sorcha's house after for the weekly get together. Polly's mom made pasta with meatballs and sauce, it was amazing. We had homemade apple tart a la mode for dessert, there are no words that can describe how delicious it was. Sorcha's house was pretty fun, I suppose I am going to miss those weekly gatherings (but not much!). Tomorrow we are going into Dun Laoghaire to do some saint Patrick's day shopping with Alyssa, Genevieve, and Megan!



No comments:

Post a Comment