Monday, March 11, 2013

More Snow

Today did not get off to a good start, I didn't wake up to my alarm and was rushed in the morning, resulting in me eating toast on the dart. It was freezing today, cold, windy, and it snowed every five minutes. Charming. School went well, the girls from the holy child school in Rye NY came today. We took a picture because it was the first time that students from three holy child schools had all been at Killanny (Rye, Anaheim, and Pasadena), that was pretty cool to be apart of. We had classical studies again today, which is really awesome! I wish I could stay longer so I could read the whole thing with the class. The only bad part of my day was getting home. The walk to the dart station from school is right next the ocean, I almost got blown away! The dart ride itself is warm and full of good conversation, but Cassie had choir today so I had to walk home. Normally, this isn't a big deal, it's a short walk, but with today's weather it felt like a trek through the ice planet Hoth. Reaching home and snuggling up in my covers was better than a tauntaun carcass. We have began to make plans for the weekend (St. Patrick's Day!) it should be a very memorable day. Cassie is filling out the subject that she will take next year, which is a really big deal, the school system is really different here. The subjects you choose are really important to how you do on your leaving certificate, which dictates the college you get into, which dictates your LIFE. So it's a bit of a stressful time in the house. I've been talking to the girls back home, I can't wait to see them again. Tomorrow I have my last pottery class (boo) and my last homework club (yay). Now if it would only warm up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment