Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Patricks Day Prep in Dun Laoghaire

Today started off with sleeping in and bacon sandwiches. The Kirwans enjoy bacon and egg breakfast sandwiches, however I tend to prefer one over the other. We decided to join Alyssa, Genevieve, and Megan in Dun Laoghaire for some pre Paddy's day prep. We went to a few €2 shops to get some cheap accessories. Cassie and I both bought Irish flags, face paint, and green hairspray. I also bought a green jumper at Penny's and a green tiara. Cassie also got these massive shamrock sunglasses which she wore on our way back home. The stopped to get some nosh at McDonalds at which point Sorcha and Sadhbh joined us. We shopped for a little more before parting ways, eager for the parade tomorrow. For dinner we had swordfish and rice, with apple crumble for dessert. Cassie's grandma joined us, it was really nice. After I'm done writing this blog I we are going to watch Skyfall. A nice ending to my second to last day here in Ireland. I'm so excited for tomorrow. We are getting an early dart in so we will have a good spot for the parade. It is Cassie's first time going to parade, so everything will be new for the both of us! It's going to be my last day and then I'm back home!!!! How did that happen? I should be packing right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment