Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bollywood Dancing and More Irish Weather

One of the things that I've loved most here are the social and cultural activities on Wednesday mornings. They have been the highlights of my weeks, from Glasnevin to the Criminal Courts. To especially like the level of freedom and independence that the students are given in these activities. We have to find our own ways there, and once they are done we are just given a time to be back at school by. Today we did Bollywood dancing in Bray. It started late, which meant I got to sleep in this morning! We were in a huge studio, and our instructor was really nice. She was also a fantastic dancer. We learned a mash up of two short hip hop routines and one Bollywood routine. The hip hop ones were set to Scream and Shout, and We Found Love. I may not be e best dancer, but I had a blast. After a while I stopped over analyzing and feeling self conscious and just had fun. Alyssa and Rebecca were much better than I was in my opinion. These gangly limbs can't exactly pop and lock. It was a beautiful day, so when we got off the train we took a slight detour and spent some time at the beach before we were expected back at school. It wasn't a long walk, the beach is literally beside the train tracks. It was sunny and lovely and Alyssa was kind enough to send the pictures she took so I could post them here. After we got back to school we hung out for a few minutes with our classmates before going to our next class. The girls from New York are really cool and I wish had more time to get to know them. We had first aid, in which Alyssa and I demonstrated our double jointed capabilities, in addition to our normal study periods. Alyssa and I had planned to return to the beach after school, but a sudden bout of rain thwarted out plans. The weather here is so unpredictable! It was sunny, then rainy, sunny and rainy at the same time, then back to cloudy in the scope of an hour! We hope we can go tomorrow. After school I FaceTimed with Gaby, Halford, and Mazelin in Dr. Rauterkus' class because they were watching the live feed about the new pope (they totally didn't tell me to give them a shout out or anything). Tomorrow Cassie is helping with an Open House at the school. She asked if I wanted to help, but I probably won't be any good because they need people to give tours and I don't even know my way to my classes. We have been trying to decide what to do with my last days here to make them count. It so hard to believe that I'm going to be leaving!









No comments:

Post a Comment